Whether you’re playing it online or in a brick-and-mortar casino, the game of baccarat retains its appeal as an exciting game to play. More than the prestige and exclusivity that comes with the game thanks to a slew of James Bond movies, baccarat, is popular for at least two reasons.
One, it boasts one of the best house edge in the business with an average of 1.5 percent in many casinos for players from the United States. And two, it comes with easy rules: just bet on a Player, Banker, or a Tie to play and win the game. These reasons help popularize the classic game among players looking to win big in style.
But there’s one more exciting reason why baccarat is worth playing today. You can now play live baccarat in your favorite online casino. Just like other live dealer games, live baccarat online allows you to play directly against a professional dealer in real-time. It combines the perks of both a traditional casino and an online environment- you directly play against a professional dealer in real-time without having to leave your home or office!
If you want a new way to enjoy this classic casino game, the live casino format is the way to go. But before you play, please read on and find out the rules and other tips that can help you enjoy the game or even win!
Live Baccarat Rules
In a live dealer baccarat game, you join a table with a professional dealer facilitating the action in real-time. The rules of a live casino game is similar to the traditional online play with a few changes in betting depending on the variant you play.
As part of the rules, you need to complete the wager before the round begins. The live baccarat casino game starts with two cards assigned to the Player and the Banker. When you play live baccarat, the objective is to predict which hand will collect a total close to ‘9’. You can complete this by putting your money on one of the three betting options: Player, Bank, or a Tie. The payouts and the odds for each bet type are described below.
Just like other card games, there are rules in place on how to compute for hand value. The face cards like Jacks Queens including 10s will have a value of zero, with Ace has a value of 1. All the remaining cards in the deck will assume their face values. If the total value of the hand exceeds 9, the rule calls for an adjustment of the score by subtracting 10 from the total.
Betting Types in Live Baccarat
In live dealer baccarat, the objective is to predict which hand will win. Here’s a look at the three important bets to play online.
- Player. You place your wager on the Player if you think this will hold the best hand value at the end of the round. If you place your money on this bet and wins, you collect a 1:1 payout. Under the rules of the game, some variants call for the drawing of a third card. If the player’s hand total ranges from 0 to 5, a third card is drawn as part of the rules. If the value of the hand is 6 or 7, it is a ‘stand’, which means no card will be added. If the value is an 8 or 9, the hands are called a natural and again, no third card is drawn.
- Banker. Under this betting arrangement, you are predicting that the banker will hold the best hand value at the end of the round. Again, if you bet on the banker and win, you can collect a 1 to 1 payout. However, you need to pay a 5% commission.
- Tie. As the term suggests, a bet on a tie means that both hands will have the same value. If you bet on a tie and it wins, you can collect a payout of 8 to 1. The payout is attractive but the odds of winning this bet are low.
Availability of Side Bets
Aside from these standard bets to play, a live baccarat game may also offer side bets. For example, you can place your bets on the Banker Pair, Player Pair, Perfect Play, Either Pair or Small and Big. If both the Banker and the Player collect a pair from the first two cards dealt, both the Banker Pair and Player Pair side bets are paid out. In the live baccarat casino game, the Either Pair wins if the first two cards awarded to either the Banker or the Player’s hand make a pair. You can also win the Perfect Pair if the first two cards of either the Banker or the Player form a pair from the same suit.
When you play live baccarat, a side bet of Big wins if the cards given to the Banker and Players makes a total of 5 or 6. The Small wins if the hand equals to 4 or less.
With these side bets, real money live baccarat becomes more exciting and lucrative. However, not all baccarat live casino games offer these options. If you’re interested to play, you can use our guide in exploring the different online baccarat live dealer games to play and the top casinos that accept real money bets from US-based players.
3 Reasons Will Make You Wanna Play Live Dealer Baccarat
Live dealer baccarat and the classic game in traditional casinos share the same gameplay and betting rules. So why sign up for an online casino to play a live dealer game? Well, there are a few reasons why you’re better off with live dealer baccarat.
- It’s convenient and more exciting. Just imagine joining a table and playing against a live dealer in real-time, without leaving your office or home. A live casino brings the casino action to your home and all you have to do is to bet and collect a payout in case you win!
- Choose your dealer. In a live casino environment, you have the option to browse different rooms and choose your professional dealer. There are even baccarat rooms that are available in multiple languages thus allowing you to enjoy this game with a local flavor.
- Get exclusive perks and promotions. With a live dealer, you can collect exclusive and lucrative offers that are not normally offered in traditional casinos. Some of the top US-focused online casinos like 888 Casino, BetOnline, and Sbobet runs themed and campaigns to address the requirements of players. These campaigns are often run in cooperation with top software providers like Evolution Gaming to offer prize draws and competitions in real-time.
Answers For Baccarat Frequently Asked Questions That Might Help You
How to play baccarat?
In this popular card game, you need to bet on the outcome of the game by putting your money on the Player, the Banker, or a Tie. If your bet on the Player wins, you collect a payout of 1:1. This is the same payout for a Banker win but you need to cover the 5% commission. The Tie, on the other hand, pays out 8 to 1.
What is baccarat?
Baccarat is a popular casino card game that allows players to wager on three types of bets: Player, Banker, or Tie. In this game, the odds favor the house. To even up the betting, a winning bet on a Banker requires the player to pay a 5% commission.
Where to play evolution gaming live baccarat from US?
Live baccarat is a popular variant of the game that’s available in leading US casinos. To play, we recommend 888 Casino, a leading destination for casino games for players based in the US.
How to play live baccarat from USA?
If you’re from the US, you need to create an account with one of the dozens of recognized and reputable casinos that accept bets from locals. You can use our website to find the best site where you can play live baccarat. Three of the best US casinos that allow bets on live baccarat are Sbobet, 888 Casino, and BetOnline.
What is live speed baccarat?
Available in many Evolution Gaming partner casinos, live speed baccarat speeds up the action in the dedicated table. If the standard live baccarat game lasts 48 seconds, the live speed baccarat completes the game at a faster rate.
How much is the limit table at Bovada live dealer baccarat?
Bovada is another popular casino that accepts real money bets from players in the US. If you’re playing live dealer baccarat, expect a variety of dedicated tables with varying betting limits up to $2,500.
Where is the best place to play live dealer online baccarat?
Each casino strives to provide the best live dealer game experience to its players. But if you’re looking for great support and the quality of games, we recommend that you choose based on the software used. In our list, Evolution is one of the best suppliers of live dealer solutions. Watch out for casinos that feature its games on its portfolio to get a premium experience. For example, you can’t go wrong with 888 Casino, a recognized gaming brand in the business. Also, check out other sites like Sbobet and Bovada that use other proprietary software but still promises a similar quality in games and technical support.